• THE SERVICE. You agree that: (a) If you choose to register, you must submit a valid e-mail address and select a password and user name during the registration process; (b) You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your member name and password, and for all uses of your account -- whether or not you've authorized such use; (c) You agree to notify roommatehome immediately of any unauthorized use of your account; and (d) You are at least 18 years of age. In addition, you understand and agree that the content posted on the Site by all users, including by you, will be collected, aggregated and anonymously integrated into the roommatehome Service, and that roommatehome will use aggregated data collected from you and other users for statistical and analytical reporting purposes.
• REGISTRATION PROCESS. If you decide to register for the Service, you must complete the roommatehome registration process. As part of the registration process for the Service, you agree to: (a) provide certain limited information about you as prompted to do so by the Service (such information to be current, complete and accurate); and (b) maintain and update this information as required to keep it current, complete and accurate. The information requested upon original sign up shall be referred to as registration data ("Registration Data"). roommatehome reserves the right to refuse the Service to any user.
• LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS. roommatehome grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of the Site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with our express written consent. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this Site or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this Site or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction services. This Site or any portion of this Site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent.
You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) on the Site without our express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing our name or trademarks without our express written consent. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by us.
• COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS. roommatehome and the roommatehome logo and other names, logos, icons and marks identifying roommatehome products and services are trademarks of roommatehome and may not be used without the prior written permission of roommatehome. All content on the Site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of roommatehome or its content suppliers and protected by international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on the Site is the exclusive property of roommatehome and protected by international copyright laws. All software used on the Site is the property of roommatehome or its suppliers and protected by international copyright laws.
Except as otherwise expressly set forth in this Agreement, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, or create derivative works of any content on the Site without roommatehome's express written authorization. Further, you may not reverse engineer, decompile, alter, modify, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Service. All rights not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved to roommatehome.
You shall not remove, cover or obscure any trademark, copyright and other proprietary notices or legends included on the Site. Further, roommatehome does not provide any warranty as to your use of any third party content or software that you obtain from the roommatehome site.
roommatehome respects the intellectual property of others and we require that our users and members do the same. You may not post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information that you do not have legal authorization to use. If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• USER CONDUCT. You agree to act responsibly and to treat other users and members with respect.
• CONTENT. You are fully responsible for any content you post on the Site, including, but not limited to, personal profile(s), message boards, listings, events, testimonials, e-mail messages, and the consequences of any such content. You understand, and agree that, unless expressly stated, roommatehome in no way controls, verifies, or endorses any of the information contained on the Site, including links, events, messages, message boards and members' published listings. If you post content on the Site, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant roommatehome a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. You grant roommatehome the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if we choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You also warrant that the holder of any rights, including moral rights in such content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above. You also permit any user to access, display, view, store and reproduce such content for personal use. Subject to the foregoing, the owner of such content placed on the Site retains any and all rights that may exist in such content.
Content that is illegal or prohibited, includes, but is not limited to, material, text, graphics, video or audio that:
o Is unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, bigoted, racially offensive, obscene, fraudulent, defamatory, invasive of privacy or otherwise objectionable
o Displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind
o Encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation
o Transmits or posts any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, "spam," junk mail, chain letters, etc.
o Transmits or posts any content that infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights
o Transmits or posts any viruses or material designed to disrupt, limit or destroy any functionality of any computer software or hardware of users, members or the roommatehome service
o Collects, stores or solicits information about other users or members for commercial or unlawful purposes or engage in commercial activity such as contests, sweepstakes, etc. without roommatehome prior consent
o Advertises any illegal services or the sale of any items prohibited or restricted by applicable law
o Has misleading email addresses or other manipulated identifiers to disguise its origin
If you encounter such prohibited material on the Site you waive your right to any damages related to such exposure. Such material should be immediately reported to: email@example.com.
roommatehome has the right to charge up to a $1,000.00 fine per incident on your credit card if you are reported and then verified to be operating a cashier check or wire transfer scam, or any other scam. on the roommatehome site. roommatehome will also report such conduct to the FTC and the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. roommatehome views the below scams as such examples:
o distant roommate offers a high-value (but fake) cashier's check.
o distant roommate requests payment via Western Union or MoneyGram.
o distant roommate offers to send you a cashier's check and then have you wire money
o distant roommate suggests use of an online escrow service.
• LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES. Any links included within roommatehome that take users out of the roommatehome Site are not under the control of roommatehome and roommatehome shall not be responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. All such sites shall be subject to the policies and procedures of the owner of such sites. We encourage you to read those policies and know your rights.
• TRANSACTIONS WITH ORGANIZATIONS OR INDIVIDUALS. roommatehome shall not be liable for your interactions with any organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Service. This includes, but is not limited to, payment and delivery of goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings. These dealings are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You agree that roommatehome is not responsible for any damage or loss incurred as a result of any such dealings. roommatehome is under no obligation to become involved in disputes between participants on the site, or between participants on the site and any third party. In the event of a dispute, you release roommatehome, its officers, employees, agents and successors in rights from claims, damages and demands of every kind, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and our Service.
• TERMINATION. roommatehome reserves the right to refuse membership to anyone. roommatehome may terminate your membership and any and all information, communications or postings, at any time, without notice, for conduct that violates this Agreement. roommatehome may modify or discontinue the Site or the Service at any time without notice to you and without liability to you or any third party.
• DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR ANY GRAPHICS OR OTHER CONTENT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF FILES, SOFTWARE, SERVICES AND/OR ANY GRAPHICS OR OTHER CONTENT. THE SERVICES AND/OR ANY GRAPHICS OR OTHER CONTENT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. roommatehome LLC., ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER roommatehome NOR ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SOFTWARE, SERVICE AND/OR ANY GRAPHICS OR OTHER CONTENT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES roommatehome, ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. AS A PROVIDER OF INTERACTIVE SERVICES, roommatehome IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY STATEMENTS, REPRESENTATIONS OR CONTENT PROVIDED BY ITS USERS IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, PERSONAL HOME PAGE OR OTHER INTERACTIVE AREA. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
• LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL roommatehome, ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, SERVICE, AND/OR ANY GRAPHICS OR OTHER CONTENT OF THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, EVEN IF roommatehome HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. FURTHER, roommatehome SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT UPLOADED ONTO OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE SERVICE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
• INDEMNITY. YOU HEREBY AGREE, AT YOUR EXPENSE, TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS roommatehome, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LOSS, COST, DAMAGES, LIABILITY, AND/OR EXPENSE, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY FEES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO (A) THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, ACTIONS OR ALLEGATIONS OF INFRINGEMENT BASED ON INFORMATION, DATA OR CONTENT YOU SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE, (B) ANY FRAUD OR MANIPULATION, OR OTHER BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, BY YOU, OR (C) THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, ACTIONS OR ALLEGATIONS BROUGHT AGAINST roommatehome ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE SITE.
• GENERAL TERMS. By visiting this Site, you agree that this Agreement is governed in all respects by the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A, without reference to its conflicts of laws principles, and any dispute arising hereunder shall be submitted to state and federal courts in New York County, New York and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. roommatehome's failure to act with respect to a breach by you does not waive roommatehome's right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
• You may not assign or transfer this Agreement or any rights hereunder, and any attempt to the contrary is void. This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon each party's successors and assigns. roommatehome shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting directly or indirectly from any causes beyond roommatehome's reasonable control. Any notice required or given to you under this Agreement shall be delivered by electronic mail at the e-mail address provided by you during registration.
• SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE. As a consequence of the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding user conduct on the Internet and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
• This Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive understanding and agreement of the parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior understandings, proposals, agreements, negotiations, and discussions between the parties, whether written or oral. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for reviewing the terms of this Agreement from time to time.
• CONTACT INFORMATION. You can contact roommatehome Llc. at 30 Shakespeare Road, Northampton NN13QG, England, UK.
“I think this site is a great site, I have 100% trust in the company and they go to great lengths to make sure that your details and things are safe and I would recommend to anyone that is not sure about using this site that through experience I myself have used the site and I put my 100% trust into it and recommend to use it yourself.”
“Very pleased after lots of research, I narrowed down to 3 rooms that I visited and was able to choose the nicest. The website is very good and easy to use. Love slogan "Ads from Thousands of Websites in Just One Search!".”
“I am beyond happy with the place I found and my new roommate. I found everything I was looking for under my initial budget. I moved in the day after I found the ad I was interested in. This site is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a place especially under short notice. I would give it 6 stars if I could.”